Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finishing Act(s)

I'm a little behind on my reading as well as my blogging, so I'm going to try to do some catch up here. I finished reading Acts - chapters 16 through the end over the weekend, and felt like I was much more engaged in reading through this book than I ever have before.

Something that struck me was Paul's composure as he appealed to several judges regarding the charges brought against him. He spoke with honor, respect, integrity, and intelligence. It gave him a great platform as he was able to testify of his conversion not only in front of these people of influence, but all who gathered to watch his trials. You can tell he was just one of those people who when he spoke, people just listened. You wonder how many conversions came from his testimonies.

"Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will listen." Acts 28:28

0 comments: