Sunday, September 25, 2011

"That's What I Love About Sunday's"

I stole that title from a country song, hence the quotation marks.

For the last 2-3 months Bo & I have been on a church rotation basis. I wouldn't recommend this for just anyone, but for this season of life for us it is working really well. Will's morning nap is right during church, and this was not a problem for awhile because he would fall asleep during the service with a bottle or rocking, and that was that. However, since the little guy's become mobile there was no more falling asleep during the service... This just made church miserable for Bo & I, probably moreso me than Bo, because with me being pregnant & him on slides or lights chasing the little booger around because he was too cranky to go to the nursery did not bode well - then making Bo miserable (or at least me trying and I'm pretty sure succeeding to make him miserable as well). :)

So... all of that to say, this morning was my morning on duty. I wanted to share some of what I journaled this morning as it describes what my on-duty "routine" has been looking like, and I'm loving it.

.... "I've just been spending some quiet & peaceful time on the porch while Will is sleeping. It's a beautiful fall day, I have my yummy new candle lit - Yankee's "Nature's Paintbrush," - sipping some coffee, cuddled up under a blanket, with the fuzz of the baby monitor in the background. Although my thoughts & the Holy Spirit are inaudible they are as full in the air as the aroma of my candle."

This morning I was praising God & getting excited about the arrival of our baby girl Sarah (honey, if you turn out to be a boy... sorry buddy! we're still excited for you!) However, I also feel bad for Will, because we can't help him prepare for her arrival. We can't sit him down and explain what's going on, but he can say "Baby Sarah" so maybe that will help? So this was my prayer for him this morning:

"God, please prepare his little heart. I don't want him to feel left out, abandoned, or less loved. I pray for energy to give time & attention to him even though there are sleepless nights ahead. God be sweet & tender with him in this time and give him wisdom & understanding of the situation. Fill his heart with great love & care for his baby sister. May Bo & I have great patience with him if he has more tantrums & outbursts with the need to get our attention. Fill all of us with Your grace & mercy."

In Jesus Name!

Approximately 4 more weeks until Baby Sarah's arrival! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! What sweet prayers, praying for you in the last few weeks and can't wait to see baby Sarah! :)