Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FA LA LA LA LA LA.... LA LA LA LA LA

Shopping. Done! Work. Almost Done! Baking. Never Done! You know what's sweet about the Christmas season? There are millions, or I guess more like, billions, of people rejoicing over Jesus! This week at work we have been listening to The River, the local radio station that play Christmas music 24/7, and it makes me giggle when I think of how many other people are listening to it, and singing or enjoying songs that are celebrating Jesus. It reminded me to pray for all those listening who might not fully understand what they're listening to or why these Christmas songs make their hearts stir. I hope they hear some of those words, and begin to think "oh, that's what I'm singing about?" And the sweet little children who love to sing along, may God plant those seeds deep in their sweet little spirits! Rejoice! Rejoice!

I think I could spend hours reading these verses over and over.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Might God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.

0 comments: