Friday, April 2, 2010

My April 1st Anniversary

April 1st is a significant day in my life, and not just because I enjoy playing practical jokes on people - especially my boss. It's hard to believe, but 9 years ago (I was 18, yikes!) and I was baptized. Now, I had had a relationship with Jesus for approximately 13-14 years prior to this, and even began really pursuing an intentional relationship with God a year or so prior to this. However, making the decision to be baptized took a lot of thought and consideration. I knew I would be leaving for college in a few short months - I would be on my own. More independent. I knew this would set the precedent for what type's of choices I would make over the next 1-4 years. So I prayed about it, talked about with a couple other friends who decided they were going to be baptized, and we did it together! :) It was a sweet day - a Sunday, rainy (I think), and how appropriate - the earth was being cleansed too! :)

God really took hold of my life at this point in time. I knew that He was always to be most important, and that I wanted to live my life, and make decisions around Him and what He would want. Don't get me wrong... I screwed up a lot after this! But God really did become the central part of my life at this point, and I would never go back. Walking with God is hard, but so sweet, and always worth it. His faithfulness will never cease to amaze me. His grace & mercy will never cease to bring me to my knees. His love is what gives me life. It truly is a "Good Friday!" I fought to be joyous and celebratory today while at work, where it is easy to give way to the bitterness and cynicism.

- A thankful, humble servant

0 comments: