Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Present, Future, and Past

Another Christmas, and another year has come and passed. I love Christmas. I love the tree's, the lights, the excitement of presents - giving & getting. Now it is all over, but the fun is still lingering. I got a Wii for my birthday, and some games for Christmas (Guitar Hero World Tour & Wii Fit), which has been keeping Bo & I quite entertained during the time off we have had for the holidays. God bless GreenLine (where I work)! They have us Thursday & Friday of the last 2 weeks off, and it has been fabulous. It was great to be able to spend more time at home over Christmas, and Bo & I have had a lot of fun hanging out over my little New Year's break. We have seen 2 movies - The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons, and Marley & Me. Both are good, but Mom - you can't watch Marley and Me! I have spent hours at Panera the last few days reading, and chatting with my husband. I had fun taking random pictures of Bo & I in the car as we were shopping around on Friday - pictures can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/ErinKessler246

So, I thought I would blog about my Christmas revelation, instead of putting off & never getting around to it. One Sunday morning while I was praying with some others before our church service started, I felt led to pray for what was the upcoming holiday season. I prayed that instead of parents trying to lure their children into "being a good girl or boy" to please Santa, what if children learned about the amazing gift of grace and forgiveness that Jesus bore into the world. I am not criticizing or saying it's wrong to use some seasonal motivation for the childrens, because I am not a parent and will probably do the same thing! :) This was just something that clicked in my heart this season.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Erin:
It would be all believers hopes, that every child hear the word of God and know the true meaning of Christmas. The GREATEST gift of all gifts is JESUS. I think when you raise children it is hard dealing with the way the world handles holidays. They will color Santa, trees, & even rudolph. But, knowing the true reason for the season is the most important. And I know you will make sure your children know. They will understand they are a gift from GOD and JESUS is a gift from GOD! You will teach them the traditions of other countries and where those secular ways come from.